The Wagner Building is Flossmoor’s oldest commercial building. Located at the corner of Flossmoor Road and Leavitt Avenue, it was built in 1889 and was home to A.L. Wagner & Co. Real Estate. The Wagner’s were one of the “founding families’’ of Flossmoor. They built the Civic Center, which became the hub of downtown Flossmoor and the central business district.
Al Wagner recently donated the building to the Foundation for the Preservation of Flossmoor History with the hopes we can restore it and create a space for the community to learn about our history, gather with neighbors, and promote the arts.